Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I May Be a Hippie...

Yes, it's true. I know that a lot of the decisions I am making and wanting to make about the birth and raising of our child can come across as "crunchy" or hippie-esque. Although I have wanted to, I haven't talked much about my plans here or elsewhere because I know that they can be touchy subjects that everyone has an opinion about. But here is the thing: I LOVE reading about these subjects on other people's blogs and sites. It really helps me to learn and to make informed decisions when I can get as much information as possible. And hearing peoples' personal stories helps me gain perspective and feel like I'm not alone out there. Plus I better start getting used to the controversy cuz it's only going to crop up more when Charlotte arrives!

So...all that to say that I would like to start talking about my parenting decisions here. You may not agree, that's fine. I'm definitely not here to tell anyone what THEY should do, I'm just here to tell you what I'D like to do. Hopefully this will be a good resource for me to look back on in the future as well as a place for me to flesh out some of my thoughts. I feel like I'm bursting with all this information and no one to talk to it about except Trey (who I'm sure is sick of hearing the same things rehashed over and over again!)

Here are some things I will probably be talking about:
  • Breastfeeding
  • Babywearing
  • Bonding
  • Attachment Parenting (and oh, there is so much under this subject alone!)
  • Cloth diapering
  • Natural Childbirth
  • Birth plans
If nothing else I need somewhere to process these thoughts. Of course I will be sure to update about how all of these things go if and when we finally get to do them! Here's to morphing into a mommy blogger!

1 comment:

  1. Haha...after my experience the other day I am kinda on an antihippie binge....So I won't pass my negative experience your way...lol..I am using the live and learn method I do believe haha

    ReplyDelete