Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Comparison

End of 1st trimester and end of 2nd trimester

Some differences:
  • 12 weeks: So sick all the time, 27 weeks: not sick at all!
  • 12 weeks: 2 lbs down from pre-pregnancy weight, 27 weeks: have gained about 14-15 lbs
  • 12 weeks: Still in old clothes, 27 weeks: had to go shopping for more maternity clothes!
  • 12 weeks: just telling people we are having a baby, 27 weeks: strangers are staring at my belly
  • 12 weeks: no movement, 27 weeks: movement ALL THE TIME!
  • 12 weeks: no symptoms except the lovely nausea, 27 weeks: some reflux at night, occasional back pain, waking up a lot at night to change positions, bloddy noses! but still feeling pretty great ;)
  • 12 weeks: thoughts revolve around when I will feel better and pretty much nothing else, 27 weeks: thought revolve around getting stuff ready for baby
I'm really excited about getting into my third trimester next week. Tomorrow is my next appointment which means the dreaded glucose test. Definitely not looking forward to that. I also have to get a shot because of my negative blood type. Fun stuff!

I feel really blessed to feel so great still. I have been able to pick back up going to the gym which has been a plus, although I'm definitely going less because my body gets so tired haha.

The next few months are super busy for us. There is just so much going on but I'm kind of happy about it because I know it will make the time go by faster. And I'm really excited about a vacation coming up as well as some baby showers! I know I will feel so much better when we actually have some "baby gear" (I'm not kidding, right now we have a carseat and a few clothes and that is IT) and I can really start to get things ready for Charlotte.

All for now! Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. it will all feel so different when theres baby stuff everywhere- i remember thinking I CANT WAIT to see baby toys, cloths, and gear- now im tripping on toys, getting spooked when the noisy ones somehow go off by their self and WISH we would invest in some kind of adult friendly storage for everything!! haha!! i cant wit for your shower!!! mom and i have so many ideas coming together!! <3 yoU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel this good for a while!!!! Excited for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete