Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2 months to go!

For the most part I have loved being pregnant. Sure there are some things about it that aren't fun, but what they say about it is true: you kind of forget the bad parts when you look back. I was thinking the other day about when I was so sick in the beginning. I remember that it happened, and I remember feeling like I was never going to feel good again, but I also don't REMEMBER. I tell myself it wasn't that bad.

But really, it's been great. I know I've been lucky in a lot of ways. There are women out there who have HORRIBLE pregnancies. Especially those who have high risk pregnancies. So every time I have something uncomfortable come up, I just remind myself how good I really have it.

One benefit I've really been enjoying is how much I love this body. It's weird, body image is something that I (like most girls/women) have struggled with. You wouldn't think that an additional 20 lbs or so would make me feel so good about myself haha! But it does, even as I get bigger and bigger. I am now approaching numbers that I have never seen on the scale before (of course, it scares me a little that I've seen some of these numbers before while NOT pregnant!) and I am thinking, "How can my belly possibly get bigger than this?!" Well, I've still got 2 months to go so it is definitely going to get a LOT bigger.

As much as I've loved all this, though, I finally had the, "I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore" feeling for the first time last week. The countdown has commenced. I know looking back it will have gone really fast, but right now the last two months look like a long road. With stairs. Still, next month I'll have a BABY! That blows my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment