Wednesday, October 19, 2011

30 Weeks


I was looking back at some of the pictures I have taken during this pregnancy and remembering how I thought I had a belly/was getting so big/ect. HA! I still have at least 2 months left and I have grown so much over the last several months. Just makes me think about how naive I was about this pregnancy. Like how I said to myself (and possibly others), "I'm not going to buy any maternity clothes! I'm just going to use the rubber band trick and wear my regular shirts because they are so stretchy." Ha. Hahaha. Little did I know how much my body would change.

It makes me wonder what else I've been naive about.

Our good friends Ron and Jenny had their little girl yesterday:

Isn't she cute?
I was so excited for them but it also made me a little sad. Jenny has been pregnant with me this whole time and now she has her baby. Makes me ready to have MY little girl in MY arms. But I know that these last two months of pregnancy are important and there is so much I need to do before Charlotte gets here!

I feel like I'm ready to be a mother but I also know that giving birth and being a mom are going to be just like this pregnancy: I wont know what to expect until I'm in the middle of it. I'm excited and scared, just like every new mom before me. And I know, just like the maternity pants, I'll have to change my views on some things and just accept that I can only do the best that I can do and be as prepared as I can be.

I mean, God knew just what he was doing when he gave us 9 whole months, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment