Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yes, Jesus Loves Me

I am sitting in the cafe alone. It's been a quiet day and I've enjoyed the peace. I think I am really starting to enjoy mornings.

Behind me is a small group of mothers with their young children. A minute ago they started singing "Yes, Jesus Loves Me." It seemed like everything got quiet but the voices of the mother's teaching their babies that old, simple song.

I closed my eyes and listened to them for a minute. "Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so..."

It made me want to cry. Why can't I feel like things are that simple? Life gets complicated as we get older but I'm just so sick of feeling so stressed out and like everything is a big deal.

I'm thinking I need to get up earlier in the mornings more often. I need more of those quiet moments alone that seem to help me re-align.

Of course, now the mothers are singing some loud clapp-y song and I'm feeling so glad we decided to put of having babies for a while longer haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment