Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bits

I'm going to go ahead and preface this post by saying this: I've got a lot on my mind right now and this is going to be a kind of dumping. I'm not sure what it will look like yet and I'm not sure where this is going so read on, or move on to the next blog on your list. Here goes:

  • I love reading "my blogs" in the morning. I don't know what it is about them but each new entry in the blogs I read is like opening a tiny present. I look forward to it so much. I was reading this morning and just thinking about how grateful I am to the bloggers I read for letting me into their lives.
  • On a related note, as I was reading blogs and looking through the pictures I realized that I hardly ever post pictures. Part of the reason for that is that I hardly ever write from the computer where my pictures are stored and part of that is because I don't take nearly enough pictures. I'm sorry. I'm going to try and post more pictures in the new year. First up I'll be posting some pics of the presents I made. Yay! Anticipation! lol
  • I've been thinking about babies, family ect. again. It seems like every time I get on facebook, someone else I know is pregnant. It happened today in fact. I still want to be pregnant. The feeling isn't overwhelming like it was at one time but it is still there on the back burner. I am at peace with waiting right now and know that the future is probably a better, and more practical time for us to have a baby. I'm not going to lie and say I don't think about it. I do. A lot. And with thinking about having a baby comes thinking about how I want my family as a whole to be. Obviously, I have a LOT of time before that happens to prepare (lets start with one please!) but it is still fun to think about. I'm torn between having just a few (which would be easier, probably, and make for a smaller one-on-one feel) or having a lot (which would probably be harder, especially when they are young but leaves me with a lot more options of who to live with when I'm old! haha). Things to ponder...
  • I think that the older I get, the worse my milk alergy gets. Yesterday I had a drink in the cafe that contained eggnog and I got so sick after! I might need to think about giving up milk products all together and re-trying soy or other lactose-free options. And I REALLY need to start taking calcium. I don't want my bones to turn to dust before I'm dead!
  • Speaking of giving things up, the fast is coming up next month. If you don't know, our church does a 21 day fast every January. When I was in 24/7 we were required to do a total fast (just water) for the first 7 days and then we could choose our own things to fast the last two weeks (guidelines included: no entertainment, no resturants and, I think, no junk food? Not sure on that last one...). I admit, I didn't fast anything last year. Of course, I wasn't going to this church because I lived in Utah at the time, but still. So, the 2010 fast is approaching and the time has come to decide what to fast. I've pretty much already decided not to go on a full fast. It's so different when you work in the real world and, honestly, I'm not up for it. I've been thinking about a Daniel fast or just fasting certain things. I have no idea...All I know is that, considering I want 2010 to be AWESOME, and also considering that Trey and I have a lot of decisions to make and things to pray about coming up, I think fasting is going to be especially important at this time in our lives.
  • Christmas has been totally weird this year. I'm not sure if I'm more excited or more ready for it to be over.
  • I have noticed that my interests change almost on a daily basis. One day I want to sew, one day I am interested in food and making meal plans and couponing ect., one day I just want to write all day, one day I want to read all day, one day I want to scrapbook or knit or just do nothing. And now I'm trying to figure out if I've always been like this or if I'm going through a phase....
  • My cat is BAD! It seems like we just get over one bad habit of her's and she starts another. First she was driving me crazy by whining at the door and trying to dig her way under everytime we shut her out of a room. That ended and then a few weeks ago she was jumping up on the counter and getting into anything baked (muffins, bread). We got over that and then she was playing in the tree. We got over that and now she is tearing things up. At first it was small and didn't really matter, but then yesterday I came home and my duvet cover was completely tore up! Like, as in holes. Lucky for her it was an inexpensive duvet and I want to replace it anyway. Unlucky for her, I was not planning on replacing it soon. I could have killed her. Moxie is getting declawed after the holidays.
  • Holidays as a grownup are not as fun as holidays as a kid. They are stressful and BUSY and don't include a Christmas break.
  • I'm currently obsessed with photography. I wish I was good at it and I wish I had the time to learn more about it.
That's all for now. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment