Thursday, December 24, 2009

Mewry Chrustmas

It's Christmas Eve! And guess what I'm doing? WORKING! What?! This is officially my first "adult Christmas." For some reason I accidentally keep typing "Chrustmas" and I keep correcting it but, now that I think about it, working on Christmas Eve kind of does make this feel like "Crustmas": crusty and no fun.

However, there is hope on the horizon as I get off early and prepare to head to Atlanta to spend some time with Trey's family. I can't wait. I know I've said it before but I really lucked out in the family category and I can't wait to begin the holiday festivities with them!

So, in honor of the Day, I thought I would entertain you with a little poem about Christmas (yes I just typed that word three times before finally getting it right). Unfortunately I haven't actually written a poem yet so this is going to come right off the top of my head and will probably be exceedingly bad. Enjoy!

Twas the day before Christmas, and all through the store,
Not a thing was a-happinin, the employees were bored.
The papers were stacked, and ready to file,
But the office was slow, so that might be awhile.

The workers were sitting, bored at their desks,
While visions of leaving danced in their heads.
And I was a-sittin, ready to leave,
Wondering why it was here I must be.

The minutes ticked on, and drug by so slow!
And all I could think of was when I could go.
My first Christmas Eve as an adult and I think,
I liked Christmas much better as a child. This stinks!

The phone had rung once, but it was only some spam,
The rest of the day went on, dead as a pan.
I thought of home, with presents and snow!
And wondered when, there, I could go.

"I can't wait for tonight!"I thought with a grin,
I couldn't wait to be with my family again.
I knew there would be food, delicious and warm,
And I could think of this season when my Savior was born.

"Tick Tick!" Went the clock, has it been only three minutes?
This poem sure has an awful lot of words in it!
It is very long, and I'm trying to find,
More verses to fill this up, come on Mind!

I'm all packed to leave, with presents on the floor,
Ready to go, as soon as I walk through the door.
Christmas would be much easier if Santa would help,
Or at least if he had sent me some of his elves.

Still, this Christmas has not been so bad.
It's new, and it's different, but I can handle that.
Soon there will be children, running around!
And then I'll probably be rushing all over town.

So I think I'll sit back, and enjoy this holiday,
Before things get crazy and all my free time is taken away.
By children who need food, clothes and toys toys toys!
Hopefully I'll have a girl, not just all boys.

And now I am not going to write anymore.
This poem still goes on but I'm getting a bit bored.
But have a Merry Christmas and don't forget,
That "Chrustmas" can be "Christmas" yet.

Didn't I say that would be awful? Well, Merry Christmas anyway. I hope your holidays are everything you could ever want and that you keep in mind the Reason for the season.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment