Friday, December 11, 2009

My list

I started working on my life list today. Well, not started, but worked on for sure. I posted it in my sidebar if you're curious. I also tried to learn how to post tabs at the top of my blog so I could display my list on a different page, but that was too hard so I settled for learning how to strike through words on blogger. See TaDa! Now I can cross words off my list as I complete them. Score!

Anyway, as I was working on my list I started to come into the thinking that my list was way more important than the other things in my life right now (excluding God and Family of course). Did that sentence make ANY sense at all? I guess what I'm getting at is that my list looked way more fun than my job and I decided I'd rather do it than work. Haha. Maybe someday.

Another good thing about this list: it lifted my spirits. When I actually typed the whole thing out and looked at it I started thinking "I can do these things! My life can be exciting!" And it pulled me out of my spiral of mundane despair. For now, at least, I have something to look forward to! Completing the tasks on my list! And they are all things that I want to do so that doubles the fun! I mean, who wants to check off things on a list of things they hate? Not moi!

Now, most life lists are things that people want to do before they die: "Bucket Lists" of things they want to do before they "Kick the Bucket." MY list started off as more of a "Things I want to do before I'm 30"--List. So, most of those things I want to accomplish in the next 8 years. Some of them, like "Take my kids to Disney World" or "Visit all 50 states" are more of life long goals but most are for before I kick my 30-bucket.

Soooo...a new year is about to begin. I am counting the days, (21) because I just KNOW 2010 is going to be a great year. And I'm looking forward to starting my journey of crossing things off my list! Let the strike-through-ing begin!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I know just what you mean in that your life list is much more interesting than the other things. My life list has taken priority in my life over school and job. It's important to have a list or at least some items on the list that you can do sooner rather than later so that you stay motivated to work on crossing items off. It seems like you have a great list and I hope you have a great time doing it. Good luck and I hope you succeed.

    ReplyDelete