Monday, March 8, 2010

Bits

Blogging has become increasingly difficult for me. I want to get on here and write, but I have nothing to say. I want to describe everything that is going on in our lives, but I'm waiting until things settle a bit.

Another thing that has led me to blog less, is that I have really picked up journaling again. There are some things you just dont want to post on a blog and some things that just cannot be expressed through type. But, in the interest of my blog not traveling to the wasteland where un-used blogs go to take up internet space, here are a few snippets.
Trey and I are doing fabulous. We went through a rough time with the loss of his job in the fall and money issues were tearing me apart. Money isn't really any better than it was but God has been providing for us so much and we have been making it through. Well, better than just "making it through." I find myself loving Trey more and more everyday, which I had heard of but never understood. I feel like we have recaptured our newlywed feeling even as we approach our one year anniversary (!). We just have so much fun together that I can't imagine being happier right now.
We leave for North Carolina again tomorrow. We are flying this time which should be fun and we are having a rental car--first time for both of us so that is something we are excited about too. We are only staying a very short time and will be back by Thursday evening but we are hoping to get some more clarity during this trip and really be sure about our next step.
One of my favorite things to happen recently was the birth of our niece, Lily. She wasn't expected till the 14th and my SIL, Kassie, was going to be induced this Wednesday (while we were out of town, boo.) However, Lily had other plans and made her entrance in the wee minutes of this past Thursday morning. She is a perfect 6lbs 3 oz, 19 inches long. Some people say all babies are cute. This blanket statement does not always apply to newborns as they often come out, well, looking like little squished aliens. But people? Let me tell you, little Lily has been beautiful since the beginning.See? And this picture was from her birthday. For now I'm her only aunt so I'm pretty sure that makes me a shoe-in for favorite:D

I can't wait to see her again already. She didn't do wonders for my biological clock, but I think I'm closing in on Trey;)

*thu-thump*

1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy to hear that God is providing so well for you guys! He is so GOOD!
    and that is a cute baby :)
    and i love the *thu-thump* HA!

    ReplyDelete