Monday, March 29, 2010

We're moving

...in a week. We're moving in a week. We're moving in a week. No matter how I say it, I can't seem to get it to sink in.

Most of our stuff is packed. There are boxes everywhere and the walls are bare. The apartment looks a lot like it did when we first moved in. Except there are more boxes. I guess we have accumulated some stuff in the past year.

Honestly, I've been packing and thinking about our new place and planning and taking care of business, but I just can't seem to get it in my head that we are actually moving. Though, looking back, I think I've pretty much felt this way about all the moves in my life so maybe this is the normal response. At least, normal for me. If that be the case, I have about 6 days before it hits me and I freak out. Like, when they are loading all my stuff into a truck.

I can't say that I'm not excited. At least a part of me is excited about the whole directing a 247/working with Trey/starting a new chapter in our life thing. The bigger part of me just seems to be in denial. Fun. I know in my head that moving is a normal part of life (well, normal for me) and that everything will be ok and we'll settle into our new lives and we'll get used to it. But my stomach doesn't seem to agree with my head and it keeps reminding me by shifting uneasily. Oh the joy.

Well, I guess it's too late now though. We're moving and that's all there is to it. And it'll be fine. It might even be great. If I can just get past that "Eeep" I know it will all be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment