Monday, February 1, 2010

Fast Over. Alternate title: #43: Try being a vegitarian

I am a two post-a-day-er! Consider this partial make-up for my frequent bouts of disappearance. I may have mentioned before that our church has a 21 day fast. Well, it ended on January 30th. By the way, I love that it ended right at the end of the month. It warms my organized heart.

The fast was very different for me this year. The first two times I did it were when I was in 24/7 and (admittedly) I didn't do it last year when I was in Utah. The only explanation I can think for it feeling so different this year is because it is the first time I have chosen to do it on my own. Anyway, the fast was awesome. I have always enjoyed it in the past and this year was no exception. We had some awesome things happen and I just feel so content and so at peace right now. In fact, it has been so weird coming off the fast. Food hasn't been appealing to me the way it usually does. Another thing I decided to fast was secular music and I have yet to change the radio since the fast has been over. It just feels weird.

The reason for the alternate title is because, instead of doing a full fast, I did a Daniel fast. For those who don't know, a Daniel fast is (basically) fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. So that's what I've been eating for the past three weeks. Honestly, it was not too terribly different from what I normally eat since I eat so much fruit and vegetables. I'm thinkin I might have to go on a full fast next year but I'm kind of hoping that I wont be allowed to fast, if you know what I mean... From what I understand you can also eat whole grains but I just skipped bread all together. I guess what I did was more "vegan" than "vegetarian" since I wan't eating any animal products but, eh. So I'm checking that off my list. I'm almost pretty sure that I could make it as a vegetarian. I do love me some meat, but it wasn't so bad. I might have to try it for a longer period of time sometime. I heard that if you go long enough without meat your body can't handle meat anymore so I'm kind of scared to do that.

Anyway, #43 check. Let's move on to the next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment