Monday, February 15, 2010

Insomnia

Last night I couldn't sleep. I don't know if it was the soy chai I had at work or what but I just couldn't sleep, even though I was exhausted from my long day of work.

So I was laying in bed trying not to wake Trey and, as I often do, I started a list on my phone:

I am:

A lover
A fighter
The "cute" one
Funny
A thinker
A planner
A daydreamer
Sentimental
A minimalist
Organized
A lover of lists
A poet
Easily adaptable
Always changing
A cat owner
A Christian
Adopted
A wife (!)
A daughter
A blogger
A wannabe foodie
A creator
A child
A woman
A sister
A worrier
Responsible
Concerned with health and fitness
Soft clay
Willing to change
An ex-emotional girl
Frugal

And so many other things, but in the interest of me doing something but try to think of things I am all day, just the list I wrote last night will suffice.

Coincidentally, today in the book I'm reading, it was talking about us, as women, trying to find our identity amidst all the hats we sometimes wear. And I'm like, "Self, was I identity-searching last night?" We may never know.

Anyway, that's my tidbit for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment