Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Milk

I have a milk allergy.

I'm not lactose intolerant, I just have what they call a "milk sensitivity." And it seems to keep getting more "sensitive" with each passing year. See, I can drink milk and such but it can make me feel sick, or just gross or random other negative things like that. So this year I decided to try and stay away from milk, not avoid it entirely, but just try to choose more non-milk options.

The biggest problem I've come across so far is working in the cafe. Most of our drinks (actually, make that all the ones I love) are made with milk. So that has been hard to give up. We have soy but let me tell you, it changes the taste of the whole drink. And I don't love it. There, I said it. So...the only thing I have been drinking the past few days is soy chai. I love chai and it is strong enough to totally hide the taste of the soy. Actually, I barely put any soy in there at all--just enough to cut the spice of the chai. And it's been going well. I hope I don't get sick of it because then I'm going to have to be creative.

I just really feel like the negative effects milk was having on me were getting to be a little much. So, bye for now milk! I'm hoping that I'll see big improvements on the way I feel.

Oh and btw, I'm only 5 pounds from the lowest weight I ever was: pre-wedding haha. So I'm hoping that contunues to drop off lol.

Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment