Monday, February 1, 2010

February Poem, Day 1

It is February! I can't believe it. January sure went by fast, which is interesting, because usually my Januaries (how DO you pluralize January?) seem to crawl. One of the goals I made for myself for February is to write a poem a day. That idea came off of my life-list-desire to write a book of poems. I thought it would be fun to write a poem every day for a month and then make it into a little book for our coffee table. Yes, I chose February because it is the shortest month haha. I may not post them all because of hectic scheduling this month but I'll try and post some. They should be pretty varied since I love different kinds of poems. I wrote this one today after I heard a bird singing on my way into work. It's a haiku. Enjoy:

I heard a bird's song
I thought to myself, "Spring time?"
My cold hands said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment