Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh, Baby

Last night Trey and I were talking about having babies. Do you remember when I used to be BABY CRAZY? Well, I'm not crazy anymore, but I do still think about having kids from time to time. So, lately, we've been talking about it and trying to decide when would be the best time for us. So Trey asked me if I was ready to get pregnant next month. (sorry if this is TMI but that would mean me getting preggo in just a few weeks if everything went well! Yikes!) And I said, "You know, I'm getting close, but I'm just not quite ready yet."

If you know me, then that might be a major shock haha. If not, you'll just have to take my word for it. :)

See, I went for almost a year being practically DESPERATE to have a baby. I was seeing pregnant women and babies everywhere.

So last night, as we were talking about it, I got to thinking. And this is what I realized: during that time I was baby crazy, I think I had it in my head that having a baby would "complete me." I didn't really know what I wanted out of life (not much change there haha) and I thought that having a baby and being a mother would give me some sort of purpose.

And I think that's why I'm not baby crazy anymore: because I don't need a baby, or anything for that matter, to complete me. Because I have Jesus. I still want to have a baby, I still want to be a mother. And the more I think about it, I think that's something that God has strongly laid on my heart: being the BEST POSSIBLE MOTHER I can be. I was just trying to force that into happening before it was my time.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want out of life, but I also know that God will reveal what He wants me to do in His time. O, how comforting that is. And for now, I get to give all my baby love to the cutest niece in the world:



Here's to babies: May they be part of my future when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment