Monday, January 25, 2010

Thoughts

My pants fit amazing today. You know that feeling when your pants just fit perfectly and, ah, it's just so wonderful.

Things are going fabulous right now. I'm feeling fabulous. Life is fabulous. Yes, the not-having-a-job-money-issue still gets on my nerves but I'm getting better and better everyday at banishing my worry and giving it back to God.

Yesterday I was thinking a thought as I drove to work. I was thinking about people and rich people and poor people and powerful people and regular people. And my thought was: all these people are in God's hand. It's not something new, it's just one of those concepts that hit me in the way that they sometimes do.

I sometimes struggle with insecurities, I think everyone does. Sometimes I just feel so small and powerless. I get afraid of what people might think of me or I feel like I'm trapped because I don't have as much authority as others. I get in my head that I will never change, never be able to be anything because I don't have the power or the money or the talent or WHATEVER. And then yesterday I realized, I am just a person same as EVERYBODY else. These barriers and distinctions that we put up to separate classes of people are man made. I have no reason to walk with my head down. I have POTENTIAL. I can walk up to anyone and know that we are the same.

It's not that big of a revelation and I can't accurately translate it in to words. But it made a difference to me. It didn't mean my insecurities are totally gone. I think things like that take time. But it was a good little nugget for me to file away.

No comments:

Post a Comment