Saturday, January 16, 2010

Prayer

I don't know if I've mentioned anything about it on this blog before but Trey and I are looking for some big changes in our lives this year. Probably the biggest change we are looking at is Trey's job situation. Well, and now my job situation...obviously.

The changes we are most looking at are going to be HUGE. Like, biggest-thing-since-moving-out-and-getting-married huge. And I am scared half to death. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but sometimes my excitement gets overpowered by this overwhelming fear. I am constantly giving it back to God. Like, all day long. I count it as a plus that I keep giving it back to God but the struggle does get a little tiring.

You know, I think more people are called to do great things than are actually doing great things. And I can see why. It is terrifying to think of starting something from scratch--to think of changing my entire life and leaving behind everything that is familiar to start something totally new? Well, that's a bit unnerving. But you know what else? We went in to this fast seeking God and his will for our lives. And sometimes God surprises you with what his will is.

I don't want to post just yet what it is we are moving towards. Of course, if it happens, I will post. Our closest friends and our family obviously know what is going on and they are praying for us which is a huge blessing. But, if anyone reads this, would you pray for us to? Just that we know, with certainty, what God wants. We could have it totally wrong. Maybe things aren't supposed to change as much as we think, but we want to do what HE wants, whatever that means.

I'm sorry this is so vague. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment