Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goin' to the chapel

And I'm not talkin about gettin married; I done did that. I'm actually talking about going to church. I watched the message from this last Sunday online. And it was really good. You can see it here. And it got me thinkin: I need to start going to church. This was a good message to get me in that mindset, too.

I've made resolutions as long as I can remember. Rarely, if ever, have I kept them. I have good intentions, yes, but I guess I'm not so good in the dicipline department. Something Pastor Chris said in this message really spoke to me: God want's to help me. GOD wants to personally help ME. It's like, someone I would look up to, wants to take time out of thier day to mentor me and help me reach my goals. Hello?! That's awesome!

And I realized, I need to be in church. Sure I go to the church, but I work there and I (admittitdly) only sporadically attend. I've realized that it is important for me to get fed. And maybe that will only be online a lot of times, that's ok. I believe that actaully physically going to church is more about the fellowship and I get that well and good working in the cafe. But I am lacking the "getting fed." Time to step it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment