Monday, January 11, 2010

Today I got Fired

That's right. It sounds so ominous doesn't it. And ya...it was.

I got up this morning totally excited. I went to the gym (yay), took a shower, blowdried my hair (never happens) and grabbed the lunch I made last night out of the fridge. I was feeling good. I headed to work, as usual, and thing got rolling.

Then, at about 10:30 this morning, I got fired.

I know a lot of people say, "Oh it wasn't my fault! My boss is just a jerk."

All I'm going to say is that I was wrongly fired. I was accused of not being a team player and of being disrespectful.

If you know me at all, that is not who I am. Not only was I accused of "not being a team player" because I supposedly was having an issue with the training an hour away (which was not true and not even the issue.) I found out later that she had "no problem with my work." So...I actually am a team player?

The real issue is that I actually stood for myself when there was something I didn't agree about. I think what happened is I actually stood up to her when no one had done that before and she didn't like it. For this I was accused of being disrespectful.

Let me tell you this: I was not disrespectful. I would never be disrespectful to an employer. Especially someone whom I was afraid of the way I was afraid of this lady. You can choose to believe that or not.

As far as my boss being a jerk, I am not of that opinion. I was hurt, and actually what happened was wrong and, possibly, even illegal. But the harder I tried to be mad at her, the more I saw her as a blessing. She enabled me to get out of a place I couldn't get out of on my own.

I could say a lot more. And I have, several times to several people. But through it all? I have found myself feeling more blessed and less upset.

Blessed? you ask. Yes, blessed. Blessed because I have known for months that I needed to get out of this job. Blessed because, I believe, God orchestrated this situation when I couldn't. Blessed because I know that I did nothing wrong.

Ever since this all began I have been asking God: "Show me if I was in the wrong. If I was, I repent, and I have nothing more to say. Please search me and reveal to me any mistake I made in this situation."

I continue to believe that I was in the right and that I handled myself with maturity and grace. I was aware enough, during the whole ordeal, to keep myself levelheaded and make a concious effort to be polite and respectful, despite what she said.

I stand by my belief that 2010 is going to be a great year. Whereas this could have been a tragic ordeal, I see it as the begininng of something better.

So this morning I woke up excited, I was distraught, then I was set free.

And may God bring beauty from the broken.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love to hear that girl! Can't wait to see what God does for you thid year!

    ReplyDelete