Friday, November 13, 2009

As seen by ME!

I love fall. I think I have already established that on this blog. But you know what I especially love? Fall in the city! Well, that, and real Fall and Fall That Includes Pies.

I had a sweet craving today. O huge suprise. Like "having a sweet craving" isn't just an excuse to eat sweets. I'm on to me. Lucky for me, the lady I work with was also having a sweet craving, so we enlisted the help of the Only Other Person Who Works With Us (aka our service tech) to hold down the fort while we headed to McDonalds.

Now, I usually try to avoide the Micky D's. I don't know why but when I see those golden arches my mind and body say "pool of oil and grease! toxic! abort!" This particular McDonalds also happens to be in the decidedly lower end as far as McDonalds go. There isn't anything in particular that makes it stand out negatively to me in and the otherwise consistant sea of negative aspects that I associate with the franchise. It just gives me the heebs. It could be the fact that it looks like a little grease spot on the surface of this city. Or it could be the cat calls that issue as you walk in. Or it could be the fact that it is nearly impossible to get in and out due to it's less than ideal location. Of course, it's location could be a blessing in disquise: discouraging people from entering and, thus, diminishing the remainder of their day.

Anyway, you get the picture. So, sweets being our goal, and not knowing where anything else was in the city, we headed for this little beauty. Of course, the whole ordeal took much longer than it should have and we bemoaned the invention of the double drivethru. (You know the ones: they force you to let people from another lane merge into the main drivethru lane and don't seem to serve any purpose except making everything take longer and making everyone mad.)

Finally, sweet treats in hand we headed back, windows down, and I was able to block the bad memory and focus on what a nice day it was. The sun was out, the air was cool and crisp and the colors of the trees were breathtaking. There were people walking on the streets and seen were scarves and light jackets and gloves. I love it. This is true fall. When you grow up in a place where your two season choices are winter and summer it really makes you appreciate those less seen, more beautiful (I think) seasons. It also doesn't hurt that this weather has sucked out all the humidity, thus suspending our love hate relationship for the time being.

It's a beautiful day, my pies have been scarfed and the weekend draws near. I'm dressed for the season in my scarf and stockings and I'm about to make myself some nescafe. What more could a girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment