Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend

Nothing much new is going on for me to post. This weekend was super busy but very rewarding and fun.

Friday,Trey and I went to New Moon. WHY we went to it when it was opening weekend and I knew there would be gaggles of teeny-bopper girls there (just the kind that drive me nuts and, incidentily, the kind I probably was) I have no idea. We got there and the line was out the door and down the street. Yes, that's right: down the street. Ugh. At this point I am remembering how the first Twilight movie made me want to rip my eyes out and wondering if it's even worth it.

Finally we get into the movie and I am sitting there expecting to be let down...again. Turns out, I was dissappointed, or maybe the term I'm looking for is "pleasantly surprised." The movie, I estimate, was roughly 1000 times better than the first. As someone who is a fan of the books (yes I admit) I was very much relieved. In fact, I think they actually spent money on this one! Not to mention that Jacob was enough to make every Edward girl question their loyalties. Yum. (um Trey, you're still my number one but us girls are allowed to crush on fake people. Just sayin')

Saturday was spent cleaning the house which was, for me, emmensly satisfying except for the part where Trey said, "But this is how you get your stress out, right?" No. No it's not. Just like I don't like to be found cooking in the kitchen in my summer dress and pearls. Or really, at all.

Sunday started early with both Trey and I working at the cafe and ended late with me getting caught up in all kinds of little craft projects. I love love love crafts and now our apartment has a few bitty decorations to show for it. It got me all excited about other crafts I could do too! O and all the scrapbooking possibilities! O my! In between we celebrated an early Thanksgiving with Trey's family and I was reminded AGAIN how blessed I am in the in laws category. This week is real Thanksgiving with my other in laws and I'm excited about that as well. As a girl who thought the only option was a mother in law who didn't like her, I am happy to report that I have been blessed with TWO wonderful mother in laws whom I love and are splendid to me and I couldn't be happier.

Turkey day is approaching and the Holiday Spirit is finally creeping into my soul. Let the festivities begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment