Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Night talker

Last night I had to go to a meeting an hour away. Because of the time change and the NUMEROUS questions of my peer employees, I, and the other lady I work with, had to drive back in the dark.

As I was blabbing incessently, something I often do when driving at night, I started to analyze myself. I have always been a night talker. Most of the time I'm Miss Generally Average Talker. But for some reason, at night, especially in the car, the floodgates open. Ask my mom. Ask my husband. There have been many late night shopping trips with my mom when I've talked her ear off, even after being silent on the way out. And I'm suprised my husband hasn't fallen asleep at the wheel as I bore him to death with my constant babbling on road trips. The funny thing is, during the day when we're in the car, I am silent as the grave. Usually being in the car makes me tired, which makes me quiet. But at night, well, I don't know, but I just can't shut up. It's odd, because sometimes I even realize that I'm talking, well, an awful lot, but it's like I can't stop.

Fortunately I usually only do this with people I know well. I don't, you know, like talk strangers to death.

So, back to last night, my coworker's phone rings and I have to stop my endless stream of babble while she talks on the phone. And while I'm being quiet, I start to think about how I'm talking and talking and I start to wonder WHY? My brain comes up with all kinds of nonsense and I come to the conclusion that maybe I talk so much because I can't see that well at night? So maybe, because of the loss of my sense of sight, I overcompensate with talking? Except talking isn't a sense so that might not exactly work...

And then I realize, I am overtalking to someone who, while we get along really well and I consider to be a friend, is probably not someone I should be doing this to. And THEN I realized that I might be ready for a friend.

After Trey and I got married, I kind of fell off the friend wagon. I don't know, things happened, I changed, and I didn't go out looking for new friends. And I have been perfectly fine with that. In fact, I had come to the conclusion, about a month ago, that this has been a time in my life where I have been ok being alone and spending time with my husband. It was a very peaceful realization. Cut to last night and me having another realization: I think I'm ready to start the search now. I'm ready to have someone I can spill too. A girl friend.

Sooo...I'll get on that now.

I'll talk about it more...tomorrow? Yes, probably tomorrow. Right now I am tired and my vision is blurry. Maybe I also need to look into glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment