Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hey, I know you- updated

I read a lot of blogs. I have always liked reading blogs. Well, ever since I discovered them back in the days when I thought myspace was cool. I don't know why I love it so much but I look for them all over the internet.

I like personal blogs because I'm nosey and I like to read about people's lives. More than that though, I like seeing how they put things. I like bloggers who can take a mundane event and make it hilarious or important. I like how different people have different writing styles and you could take one subject and 20 people would write about it 2o different ways.

I like how raw blogging is. Weather it's made up stories or journal-type entries, blogging is so raw! I like that it is unedited. I like seeing the typos and the flaws. I think I would love being an edititor but I hear it helps if you have had something published. Ya...that's on my life list.

It's like reading someone's journal: something I've always wanted to do but never did.

The thing about reading blogs is they make me feel, sometimes, like I'm the only one reading them and that they were written entirely for my benefit and entertainment. And then I start to feel like I know the people who's blogs I'm reading. Which is sometimes true and sometimes not. But now I'm afraid if I ever happened to see the writer of one of the blogs I read in public, I would embarrass myself by going up and talking to them. Ok, I'm not really afraid I would do that. I know myself too well.

I'm not shy, I'm just reserved. Now this may come as a shock to people who used to know me, but I consider myself quiet. So that's how I know I wouldn't go up and talk to a blogger in public. I mean, I am not afraid to talk to people. I'm fine, laid back, cool, whatever, but I'm not "outgoing" most of the time I guess. I'm "ingoing." Haha. And sometimes I am more "outgoing" than others. I might be broken. I'm not sure.

I've started swimming! I decided that the reason I wasn't going to the gym because I was dreading running. I've always felt like running was the only option so I changed that misconception in my brain and decided to do some other things till I get back in shape and then take up running again. If I want. I figure that's the only way I'm going to get myself to the gym. If I don't feel like I have to do something I don't want to do, I'll be more likely to go. Otherwise, I might not go at all and that wouldn't be helping anyone. I guess I was thinking all or nothing and I had to realize I could do something in between. And I've loved swimming so that's good. I guess I'll just keep mixing it up.

And that last paragraph has nothing to do with the rest of this post. I just wanted to write it down before I forgot. Cuz otherwise I wont remember. Now when I go back and read my blog someday, I'll know what I was up to. And see? Now I'm back on the subject of blogging. Because if I didn't blog, or journal or something, I'm not sure I would remember my life. And right now I like typing more than writing so blogging it is.

And that, people, is the end of this post.

*update* I literally just saw one of the ladies who's blog i read, like, right in front of my face and I didn't say a word. See? Point proven.

No comments:

Post a Comment