Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lists

I am a great lover of lists. I adore lists. Lists complete me. I keep lists about everything: groceries (oh how origional), Christmas presents (for other people. I can't think of anything I want), lists of craft ideas, lists of meal ideas, lists of things I like, life lists, lists of blog ideas, lists of book ideas, to do lists, (Lots of to do lists. I definitely have more than one to do list.), wish lists, lists of songs I like and might want to buy, lists of things I don't want to forget. Actually, I think a big part of the reason I like lists is because I can't seem to remember things unless I write them down, and listing is a good way to do that.

I keep my lists in my phone. Hello! The genius that invented notes in phones? I heart you. I mean, I carry my phone with me everywhere, even places I'm not supposed to, so what better place do I have to keep all my ever-growing, ever-changing lists? Awesome. So...today I thought I would transfer some of my lists to my blog. That way, if my phone ever runs away or gets mutilated, I will still have my precious lists. Ok, I email them to myself sometimes for the same reason, but come on. I gotta write something.

One of my lists in my phone is labeled "What I want to be know as." One day, when I was having an identity crisis, I decided to put into words the things that I wanted to be. So...

Leader
Apologist
Writer
Author
Mother
Woman of God
Good stewardess
Humorist
Thoughtful
Generous
Creative
Fun

Next, jobs I think I might be interested in;

Photography
Physical thearpy
Librian
Reporter/journalist
Counselor

My Favorites (boy this one has changed some since I last updated it!) And I'm thinkin this list should just maybe be titled "Things I like" because "Favorites" would be more like: favorite color, favorite place, favorite food ect ect. Anyway:

Scrubs (haha not so much anymore!)
Cute dresses
iPhones (ya the novelity wears off)
Nose rings
Vintage Polly Pocket and Littlest Pet Shop
Long necklaces
Yoga mats (ya maybe until I found out yoga is HARD!)
Cute running shoes/clothes
Bikinis
Blogging and blog reading
Rubberband animals (that wore off quickly too)
Bunnies
Owls
Crafting
Scrapbooks
Couponing

And...my bucket list. Such as it is. Actually, this started out as a "Things I want to do before I'm 30" list and has morphed into more of a bucket list although a lot of these things I WOULD like to get done before I'm 30. Time's a tickin yo!

Have a baby
Have style
Learn to dance
Get a six pack (hey a girl can dream)
Run a marathon
Grow my hair to my elbows (almost...)
Get something published
Finish school
Make a magazine
Sell something on the internet
********** (this one is internet private)
Visit Europe
Lean about photography
Have a garden
Have a craft blog with things I actually make
See a Broadway show

That last list is probably the one I update the most.

Keep in mind that these change ALL THE TIME.

So, I guess what made me decide to write this post is this: as I was looking through my lists on my phone the other day, I realized that most of them were my way of working out who I am. It's funny, people always seem to be trying to find themselves, I'm no different, but everyone has different approaches. I probably reverted to lists because of my love of organization. Lists give me something tangible that I can look at and check things off of. I didn't set out to try and find myself when I started writing lists. I just was trying to keep track of things. It was only recently, like I said, that I found out that lists seem to be my "method." There are just too many things that I want to do and see and be. I guess, this is how I keep track.

So, that's me. I wonder how other people set out to find themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment