Sunday, September 13, 2009

22

Tomorrow I turn 22! For some reason that seems a lot different to me than 21. Kind of like when I felt like there was this huge difference between 4th and 5th grades when actually it was only 1 years difference just like between all the other grades.


In honor of my birthday (a phrase that I hope gets used a lot tomorrow, or this week...or month. Followed by good things coming my way.) I would like to use this blog to post my YEAR IN REVIEW:

This past year has been a year of big changes for me. Here is the quick bullet point list:

  • spent my 21st birthday at work because I forgot to ask off. This wasn't too bad of a deal because I was living in Utah and didn't have any friends to do anything with anyway.
  • Had my first 21-year-old drink at work while vacuuming. Bud Light Lime: The only beer I currently (knowingly) like.
  • Flew to Alabama to visit my (then) boyfriend for the first time. Met his entire family at his sister's wedding.
  • Got engaged at Chirstmas.
  • Spent the next two months frantically trying to move to Alabama.
  • Officially "forever" moved out.
  • Moved to Alabama.
  • Learned about living on my own. (OK really Trey payed for everything, but I DID get to play house!)
  • Finished my first ever year of college.
  • Got married. Best day of my life.
  • Got my first real job.
  • And here I am.

When I put it all like that it all seems so...small. But it was so crazy. And things have changed so much in the past year I can't even believe it's still the same life! Here are a few things I have learned during this past, crazy year:

  • God works everything out.
  • Sometimes "bff" doesn't really mean forever.
  • Alabama and Utah are VERY far away from each other.
  • Wearing no makeup looks basically the same as wearing makeup. And eliminates the need to wear makeup.
  • Factors that are not conducive to weightloss: being married to a man who can eat whatever he wants and LOSE WEIGHT, working at a job where you sit on your butt all day, scrubs, poptarts, lots of TV, select birth controls, lack of exercise.
  • 4:59 is the longest minute EVER.
  • 4:59 on Friday is, possibly, EVEN LONGER.
  • Family is more important than you think.
  • Some things are not as important as you think.
  • I would rather *not* work.
  • Hair grows really slowly.
  • I am picky.

Ok so I'm sure that's not everything I've learned. I'm just too tired to think right now. So that will have to do for now. Overall it's been a good year. And this one is going to be better...much better. [For some reason I feel like I should insert manicial (sp?) laugh here. It doesn't really fit the mood of the post, and also, I have no evil plans for the coming year, but any sencence with the setup "something...much something" is followed by a "Bwo-Ah-hahaha!" laugh in my head. Yes. I DO know that makes no sense. Moving on]

Actually, that's all. Um...goodbye?

No comments:

Post a Comment