Friday, September 11, 2009

The City is a Dragon

The city is a dragon and the cars are its scales.
Sitting motionless on the highways and shimmering in the sun.

The city is a dragon and the workplace is its firey mouth:
burning the day away to an endless field of ash and smoke.

The city is a dragon and my computer is its eye,
hypnotizing me as I stare and can't look away,
until I forget what it's like not to have a headache.

The city is a dragon and the phone calls are its teeth;
knawing on me until I'm numb.

The city is a dragon and the clock it its tail...
swishing away the minutes in the slow tick-tock of endless
Time.

The city is a dragon and the people are its wings
loudly battering and battering the wind,
demanding their own way.

The city is a dragon and the dragon sleeps at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment