Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Guess what time it is?

It's September, and you know what that means: fall TV!!! Everyone is looking forward to that as much as I am, right? RIGHT?!

Ok ok I know that since I live in the South, everyone is actually looking forward to FOOTBALL. But I don't like football (GASP!! (don't tell my husband)). I like fall TV.

So in honor of those shows that I will be watching that are not football, I thought I would share some of my favorites:

Ugly Betty: I don't actually know why but I love this show. I think watching an average girl do awesome things makes me feel awesome too. Ususally all the TV girls are all beautified and have somehow have perfect lives, even if their lives are imperfect. (I know, I don't get it either.) Also, I want to be a writer and I can pretend I can make it if Betty can make it. If Betty can do it I can too right? RIGHT?!

Heroes: This show appeals to my sense of wanting to be special. O don't judge me, who doesn't want to be special? You totally do too. I can pretend that I have a superpower and am all important and sneaky-aroundy-super-like. Plus you don't get much better than Peter and his all around super-take-everyones-power-ness. And also, Sylar is cool too. I can enjoy his creepy from my TV where he can't get me and cut my head off. Although...I guess he wouldn't cut my head off anyway since I don't seem to have any hidden super powers...And about Peter: when IS he going to regain full use of those powers? Wait...now I can't remember if he already did...o crap. Maybe my superpower is forgetting everything. It's powerful.

Grey's Anatomy: Grey's Anatomy lets me have drama in my life without the after effects. Like, I can watch them be all dramatic and I can still get that stressed-out-slightly-excited feeling that drama in real life gives you, but without actually having drama in my life. It also makes me want to be a doctor. But then I remember that I hate needles and school and long hours so nix that.

Fringe: So Trey actually got me into this. I had never watched it before but once I watched one episode I think I watched the rest in like a week. Fringe puts me in that place where I can believe it almost maybe could be real. It's one of those shows where you're like "Well...thats so weird but they make it look so possible that maybe it could really happen and if it does I hope I'm somehow involved and also making a lot of money." Like, they make the supernatural look so accesible because they put it in mundane settings.

House: I just love the sarcasm in House. I also like the Dr. thing like with Grey's but I think I like the sarcasm more. I think that House's character makes the show. I try not to be sarcastic with people or make fun of people because it was brought to my attention that this can be hurtful but I still like it. So I can live vicariously through House.

Castle: I don't actually know if this comes on in the fall but it seems like one of those shows that would. Castle is another one of those shows where Castle's character makes the show. Funny stuff.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wait...that show ended like 5 years ago...oops nevermind.

I think that's about it. As you can see, I replace my life with the exciting lives of TV characters and having friends with TV shows. I think that is the definition of sad. I will look it up later because I am too lazy right now. I would like to take this opportunity to say RIP to Pushing Daisies which was an amazing show and poo on the people who cancelled it. I might give them a pass if they make a movie out of it (hello, we had some loose ends that need tying up people!) but only a partial pass. Possibly.

That's all. If you need me this fall I will be in front of the TV so that's why I'm not answering your calls. Or, wouldn't be if anyone ever called me.

2 comments:

  1. Haha... love reading your blog and getting a small glimpse of your life and thoughts. I love that they are just as weird as mine. Exspecially do I love the fact that you just metionen all the shows I've been looking forward to seeing ever since spring... plus Eureka!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! Excited about the new shows myself! Especially The Fringe and Hero's! love ya!

    ReplyDelete