Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Miss Moxie paws

My birthday is next week.

I have to go to a meeting on my birthday.

I wont be home till around 8:30 or 9:00 pm. On. my. birthday.

Pfffttttt.

Soooo....

Trey decided to get me my birthday present early. Well, because of the meeting...and the fight we had the night before. Yes, I am spoiled.

So I came home from my "I need to be alone" grocery shopping trip, to lots of love and a card with kittens on the front saying I should get to pick out my own pet. Horray!

We headed out to a pet store near us and looked at a bunch of little kittens in cages...eh...nothing caught my eye. Well, nothing but this beautiful cream-colored cat that *apparently* was not for sale. And also was just walking around the store. I figured it was the owners. So we headed to PetSmart. More kittens, still none caught my eye. I decided we should check the Humane Society. So we took forever finding THAT. Then, after we figured it out on our own with NO HELP FROM THE VERY NON-HELPY people at the Humane Society, we filled out an adoption application and waited for TWO AND A HALF HOURS to look at a puppy and a few kittens. We were having a hard time deciding when a lady came up and this happened:

Lady: Did you fill out an adoption application?

Us: Uh...yes...you are the one who took it from us and put us on the list.

Lady: Oh, ok. Have you been helped?

Us: Ya there was a lady helping us. We're just trying to decide.

Lady: Well our adoptions stop at 4:30...(it's 4:30)(awesome)

Us: Well we *have* been here for THREE AND A HALF HOURS.

Lady: Well we only had two adoption counselors in today.

Us: Ok well I guess well just go somewhere else WHERE PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING DUMB LADY-WHO-DOES-NOT-KNOW-HOW-TO-COMMUNICATE. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF SOMEONE ACTUALLY TOLD US WE WERE GOING TO HAVE TO WASTE HALF OUR HOLIDAY NOT GETTING A PET. YOU ARE *NOT*-AWESOME.

And that is totally a true story except for that last all CAPS part. Which also should have totally happened because it was true.

So then we went to Moe's because we were starving to death because we hadn't eaten, due to the fact that we didn't know the Humane Society was also known as the Society of People Who Love Pets But Are Disorganized and Actually Pretty Rude (ok it was just the one lady really, everyone else was really nice) and Also Who Take All Day to Not Tell You Can't Have A Pet. So we ate and then I was all, "Let's go back to that first pet store and I'll ask why that cream colored cat isn't for sale and try to convince the girl to sell it to me because I love that cat."

So we went and I was all, "Why isn't this cat for sale?" And she was all, "O she is, someone asked about her earlier and I thought she wasn't and I called the owner and they said to sell her for 39.99." (Which was way cheaper than all the other kittens that we looked at. The smaller the kitten, the higher the price.) And I was all, "We're taking this kitty."

So we did. She is still a kitten but she is a little older than the tiny-tiny ones, which turns out to be good because I wont have to train her.

We then spent the rest of the day buying things for her. She crawled under the bed and wouldn't come out so when we got home from shopping we got her out and shut the bedroom door so she couldn't escape anymore. Didn't take long for her to warm up after that! She is snuggly and sweet. And hyper at night.

I'm going to have to figure out how to make her not scratch stuff and how to help her settle down at night. Also, how to make kitty litter not stink. Yuck.

You know what else? My husband had his Xbox all packed up to sell. That man was going to sell his favorite hobby to get me a kitten and because it gets on my nerves. When he told me that I cried and cried. I have the sweetest, most selfless husband in the world. I have no idea how I landed him because I am totally selfish and bratty. So I told him not to sell it. No way am I taking that away from him. We'll just have to learn how to handle it better.

Anyway, here is my new baby:


I don't know why but she looks bigger in that picture than she is. And here is one of my little sleeping family. She doesn't like it when she is not constantly being touched lol.



I am SO lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Aw - I love little Moxie already! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete