Thursday, September 17, 2009

More writers block

Gotta get some creative juices flowin up in here.

We found out this past Monday that we are (*finally*) moving our offices downtown. The catch? (Yes there is always a catch at this job.) We have to be moved by next Monday. Hello crazy moving week! We have got to get all our equipment/files/furniture/crap moved in the next couple of days. To add to that, a lot of our smaller equipment, that we no longer are going to be dealing in, is being shipped to our main store an hour away. And that shipping to the other store thing? That doesn't just involve packing stuff up and sending it. It also involves inventory-ing all the equipment, which is time consuming and gross considering that much of this stuff has been sitting here for months (years?) gathering dust and sloughed off old people skin cells. Ew.

So that's why I haven't been writing. I write best when I am either 1) bored to tears and, therefore, able to do a lot of day dreaming/getting inspiration from other blogs or 2) emotionally disturbed.

The thing is, I feel like I want to write, so bad, but I don't know what I want to write. I just have the itch to write. Is that writers block? Because I haven't determinded in my head if writers block is actually knowing what you want to write and just not being able to get it out or if it's what I'm dealing with. Because I am also concerned that what I'm actually dealing with is less "writers block" and more "not actually being a writer." Because how can you be a writer if you have nothing to write about? Hmmm.

So now I am not only dealing with possible writers block and lack of free time, but also with an identity crisis. Please allow your thoughts to be with me in this trying time. Also, if your thoughts are creative ideas for me to write, I could use those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment