Monday, September 28, 2009

Painting

It's been awhile since I've written. I know.

We finally moved into our new offices at work and got everything settled. We didn't, however, actaully get the internet until last Friday. No internet= no actual work at this job since all our information is online. Tough. Luckily, we found out that the offices need to be painted. Enter painting supplies and paiting clothes, donned by three amateur non-painters, and you have a party! Or a mess. Depends on how you look at it. Either way, the time goes by much faster than, say, if we were sitting at our desks staring at our internet-less computers.

So for the last two days I've been cutting in (mostly) and rolling walls (less-mostly). It has actually been pretty fun. I feel like it gives me the chance to think and to do something besides sit on my behind. I like the change.

Did I mention that this office building is huge? I'm pretty sure it's at least twice, if not three times, as big as our old office building. I really like it. My office is nice and spacious and made even more so by the fact that I don't have to have a bunch of stuff crammed in here since we HAVE SO MUCH SPACE! Seriously, we have room enough for everything to have it's own place. So refreshing!

The downside is that it now takes me twice as long to get to work and even longer to get home. I guess I was spoiled. When I was in high school I used to have to drive thirty minutes to and from school every day. And then I got a job that was 45 minutes away. Since then it's been a long time since I've had to drive more than 20 minutes on a regular basis. Now I'm driving 30 minutes to and from work everyday again. Boo. And the REALLY sad part? It shouldn't take that long. It's the dang-ol' traffic that's killing me. And the worst part of THAT is? I have a manual, which I usually love but I do not love in traffic. Sigh. Am I being petty? Am I complaining when I am really very blessed. Probably. No, actually, definitely yes. So I digress, time to get back to painting. Gotta make the time fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment