Monday, August 31, 2009

Past

I know I said I'm not in the mood to write today. I guess I was partly wrong. Partly because I'm not really in the mood as in I'm not bursting with ideas, but I am in the mood as in I have stuff to blurt.

I went back and read my old blog today. It was interesting. It reminded me why I write. It was like reading something about someone else's life. It was all from the last half of my second year in 24/7 up until July of this past year. So weird. It covered my struggles from that half a year, the realization that I was in love with Trey, my time in Utah and my transition into marriage. I couldn't believe it had hardly been that long since I'd written on that blog and yet...I barely knew that old self.

And I remembered why I created this new blog. Because that stuff has become stuff for me. So I deleted the old one. Of course, I'm responsible, so I saved a copy and moved it onto this profile. I made it private though. I figured I can republish some of the stuff when I'm having difficulity coming up with anything new;)

It was weird...after reading so many other blogs and different styles, it was weird reading my own writting. It had been long enough that I didn't really remember posting some of the things. It was like reading it for the first time, while vaguely remembering those thoughts, those feelings. I guess it was kind of like reading what someone else writing about my life. If they could read my mind. I usually don't like to read my own writing. It's kind of like looking at my own face: too familiar and too easy to pick out flaws that other people don't necessarily see. But it was different today.

I feel kind of like I've come full circle now. After all the writing styles in all the blogs I've been reading, to come back to my own writing kind of brought things home for me.

I'm so glad I blog. I'm not sure I would remember my life if I didn't write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment