Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Blog Post

Tonight I got in the mood (as I often do) to go back and read some of my old blog posts. You wont find them on this blog, they are on my old blog from before, and right after I got married. In the last several months before I quit blogging on that blog (can I use the word "blog" any more times do you think?), I noticed that I wrote a lot about school work. I was working really hard on it and, while it was stressful, I was excited about my education and getting my degree. Now I look back and wonder where that excitement went.

I have no desire to go to school now. I can still see the benefits of going back to school, and getting my degree IS something that I would one day like to achieve. (Holla! It's on my life list!) But it just seems so HAAAARRRDD. And so...much. I can drum up a million excuses not to do it. And yet I know: I should do it. I need to do it. And maybe going back to school would help me get some more definitive direction in my life. Or at least help me not feel like a "Lazy Loser" (ya I was called that recently, still bitter;) ).

I want to DO something with my life. I just wish I knew what that something was. And I wish I knew what steps to take, even the first few little ones. What is my passion? What is my purpose? I'm looking for them.

I'm looking all the time.

2 comments:

  1. i'm looking, too, my friend. trust me... getting a degree doesn't help you to figure it out. i'm finding out more and more that, for me at least, it's kinda just a trial and error thing. i'm slowly starting to narrow it down by figuring out what i don't want and what i can't live without. i think that you have tons of passions and gifts! i wish i could tell you how to channel them into something, but i can't :(
    i also wish we lived close to each other so that we could hang out and talk.
    praying for you. love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailey,
    Thank you for the encouragement. I think I'm in that same "trial and error phase." Doesn't it seem like some people don't go through that? I think I hate those people ;) I wish we lived closer too. And I wish that we had kept in better touch over the years :( where are you now?

    ReplyDelete