Monday, March 28, 2011

Leap Year {An Outfit}


When I started this blog, I thought it might be fun to have a regular style post. "How hard could it be to style and outfit once a month?" I asked myself. Little did I know that either a.) it is actually not as easy as it looks/sounds or b.) I do NOT have the gift for it.

Regardless of the obstacles, I was still pretty determined to make this styling thing work for me so I decided to give myself a little boost: styling an outfit off of an already existing picture. Even more in particular, I thought it would be fun to do a picture from a movie soooooo....

{via}

Being March, I thought it would be fun to choose an Irish centered movie. (Are you sensing a theme?) This is a still from the movie "Leap Year." I went through a pretty intense Amy Adams phase, which was the main reason I saw this movie when it came out. It's pretty cute. Nothing extravagant, but pretty cute.

Of course, anything set in Ireland has got to have lots of green and I quite love the intense greens along the road in this picture. Stunning.

Here is something I would probably wear on a day out with my husband: comfy and casual.




  1. A floral shirt from Forever 21 to start us off
  2. A jewel green cardi from Urban Outfitters, worn open (don't wanna get pinched on St. Patty's Day now, do we?)
  3. Some gray skinny jeans from J. Crew
  4. Red peep toe heels also from J. Crew, for a little pop of color down by the toes
  5. A brown hobo bag from (surprise!) J. Crew again (at this point, I was just on a J. Crew binge)
  6. A lovely daisy brooch from Etsy
  7. The Rainkissed Leaves scent from Bath and Body Works (I love this scent but B&B doesn't sell it any more =( You can still find it online other places though.)
  8. And some red hair dye from Loreal to top it off! (just kidding)
Be gentle, this is my first time. For all I know, this outfit would look terrible actually put on!

No comments:

Post a Comment