Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I think I have forgotten how to blog. Tonight I started typing a post and it came out all...wrong. I don't know. I'm really sorry I haven't been blogging much (Kaitlin;) ). My head has not been in it. Where has my head been? you might ask. It's been all on me. 

Ya, ya, I know that sounds vain. I'm sorry. What I mean is this: over the past few years I've done a lot of thinking about my life and what I want to do and who I am and all that stuff. I guess that comes with the territory when you're in your early 20's (and slowly approaching your mid-20's, eep!) I feel like all of that is finally beginning to come to a head. I feel like I'm holding my breath and the things I've been looking for are just around the corner. I don't know if that corner is in next week, or next year, but I do feel like I'm finally moving towards it. 

I'm getting to a point where I am learning how to take actual steps towards answering these questions for myself, where before I had no idea where to even start. I know I've mentioned my love of (obsession with?) goals and lists, so I've been doing a lot of that (haha). I've also been realizing that I need to let go of some things that I want to be interested in, but am not. For that reason, I'm going to be shutting the other blog I started. It was a fun experiment, and a variation of something I've always wanted to try. However, I realized (as I was dreading working on it) that I didn't really enjoy it at all. It was fun at first, but it had become a chore. So I'm shutting it down. Maybe I will still do some of the posts I was doing there, here, but we'll just see!

The way I live my life has really been on my mind lately.
I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well. -Diane Ackerman

That quote has really been bugging me lately. And even more, the life of Billy Hornsby, a pastor and great leader at my church. I watched his memorial service online the other night and bawled like a baby. He left such a great legacy. I really admire him and join with many others all over the nation (and the world!) in saying that he has touched my life. His legacy has left behind a challenge to live life fully and to live life well. 

When my life comes to a close, I want to look back and be happy with the what I've lived, instead of wishing that I had done more. I don't want to wish I had more time. I want to have something I could write memoirs about if I wanted to. And so the challenge begins now: what can I do to make sure that I am not wasting my life? How can I squeeze everything out of my short time here? That is what has been consuming my mind lately and that is my new focus.

What do you do to make sure you're living your life to the fullest?

1 comment:

  1. I do love you dear blog-friend of mine:)
    Keep writing, the world awaits!!!

    ReplyDelete