Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Creative outlet

Among other things I do while I am not working, I sometimes doodle. This is a cartoon I drew the other day at work. I just thought it would be helpful to show you how my vast creativity expresses itself while I am not here, writing wonderful, life-changing blogs.

"This is Mable. This is Arlene. They are best friends." "Arlene likes cereal for breakfast."
"Mable likes big leaves."

"Mable and Arlene like to take walks."

"One day on their walk, Mable and Arlene met a zombie sitting by a dumpster."
Now I would like to point out two things which, really, should be obvious: 1.) I did not finish the story and 2.) These look much better in person. Obviously.
I am willing to take suggestions on where to go from here since the last picture is where I seem to have gotten stuck. Right now the origionals live in the front pocket of my lunchbox and I am thinking of calling them "Sticky-note Cartoons," or something equally as ingenious and creative. I am also willing to sell the origional copies for, like, $1000 because I'm famous like that.* I will also probably publish this as a children's book so be looking for it at your local Barne's and Noble or whatever you have where you live.

*You can contact me for more informatio at laurenthomason3 [at] gmail [dot] com.





4 comments:

  1. it's pretty apparent that Arlene should take a liking to the zombie and gradually begin to initiate a long term friendship with it (he? she?). After a time Mable would begin to grow jealous, and repeatedly inform Arlene as to her misgivings about the zombie, which Arlene would shrug off as Mable being nerotic and so-dependant.

    Later the zombie would eat Arlene

    (i had a heartwarming ending planned but bailed in favor of the macabre and ammusing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha awesome. Are you the Aaron I think you are? Because if you are and if you have a blog you better let me in because I like your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If by, "Aaron i think you are" you mean Aaron from PPCS way back when we were all still kids and stupid, then yes, it is.

    I don't have a blog...yet...but i have a lot going on in my head on a daily basis so i'm thinking that might change (the not having a blog bit, not the things going on in my head bit).

    There is vauge concern that no one would read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally read it and I knew it!!! I think thats what caused me to have a dream that I decided to go back to high school. I went back and hated it and I was on the soccer team and it sucked and my father in law was the coach which reminded me that I was married so I dropped out. And it was good.

    ReplyDelete