Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Long overdue

Ok so I know I should have posted this, probably, Sunday when I actually GOT the deal. What can I say? I'm lazy.




Anyway, here is what I got:

Again, not the best picture...but moving on.

Ok so thats 2 boxes of cereal, some grape jelly, salad dressing, 2 bottles of tabasco sauce, 3 boxes of hamburger helper (Trey loves that stuff), four boxes of pasta and two pizzas all for 8.17. Like I posted on twitter, it should have been 6.17 but the Publix by my apartment (which I will never trust to get a good deal at again) has been so crappy about their coupons! Do they not realize all the business that this "deal making" mentality is bringing them? Apparently NOT!! So, the cashier charged me for 3 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats when I only got two. I didn't realize this till we were leaving, and at that point we were running late for work at the cafe so I didn't go back and get my money. His problem was that APPARENTLY the store "doesn't make any money when I use a coupon for $2 on an item that is on sale for $2." HELLO dude!! It was a manufacturer coupon that says RIGHT ON THE COUPON that the manufacturer will reimburse the store for the coupon. SO YOU DON'T LOSE ANY MONEY YOU IG-MO YOU MAKE MONEY BECAUSE I BOUGHT FOOD FROM YOU I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT WITHOUT THAT COUPON!!

Yes. So. Bad store.

Now that I've got THAT off my chest....should I break into some rants about my other un-favorite things that rank right up there with self-important cashiers who apparently cant read? Like, here's one: When someone comes into the place I work, or calls on the phone, asking for a specific product and is told that we don't carry it. Is this a good time to launch into a life story of WHY they need the item and their MEDICAL HISTORY that led them to the place where they need the item and, just for good measure, a touching story of how they felt when their kid graduated from college? No. No it's not. GET OUT OF MY STORE!!! GET OFF MY PHONE!!! WE DON'T HAVE WHAT YOU NOT AND IT'S NOT GOING TO APPEAR IN MY POSSESSION IF YOU TALK MORE!! AH!

It has been a looooong week. And guess what? It's Tuesday. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment