Monday, August 3, 2009

The Second Attempt...

Ok so today I decided to go on my lunch break, armed with a new set of coupons, and try again. The result was: 8 boxes of Velveta Shells & Cheese, 4 boxes of poptarts, 4 deodorants for me and a six pack of water all for 3.65!!! WOW! And the even more amazing things was ( didnt realize till I got back to work) but the cashier didnt take off one of my coupons on accident so it actually should have been two dollars less! Thats all that for 3.65!



Ok here's the breakdown:






Poptarts are BOGO (origionally 2.39 a box making them 1.19 a peice) I had a manufacturer coupon for .75/1 and a Target coupon for .55/1. When these coupons are stacked with each box (you can use two coupons for each box) the result is that they are FREE!!!




Ok now, Velveeta Shells and Cheese are ALSO BOGO at Publix and were origionally 1.99 making them .99 each. I had a manufacturer coupon for 1.50 off two making them .25 a peice!


Ok lastly, the degree deodorant is 2 for $4 and I had 2 coupons for $2/2 (one of these is the one she didnt use) and I had a Target coupon for $1/1 Degree for women (otherwise I would have been fair and gotten some for Trey too). You stack the manufacture coupon with two Target coupons for each pair of deordorants making them FREE!! (I got the

The water was this weekends penny item at Publix so it was just that: .01. I actually had more coupons than items so I had to have the manager over to approve the transaction but everyone working there was SUPER nice (much better than the store by my apartment) and I will definitely be going back!

I got the tip on the Velveta Shells and Poptarts from moniquemclean.typepad.com but I found the deordorant all by myself! (She had used the sale but spent $1 for each of 5 for her husband and then used another $5 off coupon). Anyway, I'm very proud of my first "find" and much more satisfied with my second attempt. Just think...I could have gotten all that for $1.65!! I did save $42.82 according to my recept thought. Not bad. Not bad.
Lauren
Images from:

No comments:

Post a Comment