Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last night's deal and first CVS run...

Ok so I posted on twitter last night that I got 5 boxes of Totino's pizza (a favorite at the Thomason household), 4 boxes of pasta, 5 Pasta Sides (another fave), a bunch of bananas, a bag of salad, a bottle of hand sanitizers, 2 glass cleaners and a 6 pack of razors all for 8.38!!!



Ok here's what I did:



The Totino's pizzas are on sale at Publix for 10 for $10 (making them $1 each) I had a coupon from last weeks paper for $1/5 making them .80 each. Not the best deal but we eat those things like candy so not too bad.



The pasta was BOGO (origionally 1.39) making them .70 a peice. I 2 coupons for $1/2 making them just .20 a peice.



The Pasta Sides were also BOGO (origionally 1.35) making them about .63 each and I had 5 coupons for .45 off each which DOUBLE (because Publix doubles coupons for .50 or less remember) taking .90 off each bag and actually making me money (that is put toward other stuff.) Get it? Ok.



Now, the bananas were on sale for .69 a pound and I had a Target coupon for $1/1lb of bananas so I bought about 2.5lbs (realized when I got home that I probably could have used two coupons for those, oops!) making them around $1 total. Bananas are another thing I eat like, daily, and if I don't eat them I freeze them for smoothies!



Salad I just needed and it was on sale for $2 a bag so thats not really a big deal.



The hand sanitizer was on sale for 1.89 and I had a $1/1 coupon from last weeks paper so that was .89.



The glass cleaner was BOGO (origionally2.49) making each one 1.25. I had a couple $1/1 coupons* making each .25. The bottles actually had coupons on them as well so those could be used.



The razors were a bit difficult. They were on sale for 3.99 (usually 5.50 and only 4 in a pack) and I had a $3/1 coupon from the paper. The coupon was actually for cartridges not desposables (I think) so really I just lucked out on that one. I didn't even go into the store planning to get it but then I saw it and was like, "hmmm, I think I have a coupon for that." Thats why you clip ALL coupons!!



So that was my deal last night. I must say, I'm pretty proud of that sucker.



Ok now today I went to CVS for the first time to try out their sales. I got all this:

for 7.12. (thats an Air Wick air freshener, 4 tubes of toothpaste and a bottle of sunscreen). Not the BEST but you have to start somewhere. I also got $2 in extra care bucks that I can use on my next visit. So really, its like I got that for 5.12. When you consider that the air freshener was origionally 9.99 thats not too bad.

Here's what I did:

The air freshener was on sale for 5.99 and I had a $6/1 coupon from the paper (those big ones are NICE) so that was free. I thought I had 2 coupons so I was gonna buy two of the darn things when I was up there but when I went to check out I only had one. DANGIT!

Ok so then the toothpaste was BOGO and was origionally 2.79. I had $1/1 coupon making each tube .20. Not bad.

The sunscreen was on sale for 8.99 and I had a $5/1 coupon making it $4 but I got $2 ECB's back on that (essentially making it $2). I have another coupon for that so I may go back later and use my ECB's (I'll still get 2 back if I do) and get another bottle for, essentially, free.

And if I find my other coupon I'll get another free air freshener thingie too. Ugh.

*I just checked and this coupon seems to have expired. BUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment