Friday, August 28, 2009

My life right now

So this is actually going to be a post about important things but first I have to get some meaningless stuff off my chest.

First, I went to have my yearly lady checkup today and the dr I went to was super great. Unfortunately I was also dressed like a nurse (wearing scrubs, not dressed like a naughty nurse or something)(I am not a nurse), but my hair was all messy and my scrubs are huge on me (they are extra small but I think that may just be to make people who actually need a bigger size feel smaller). I don't know why but I look like a frumpy hobbit when I wear them. Anyway...I kept feeling like people thought I knew what was going on when I actually had no idea. Then, they went to prick my finger and I had to sit in this scary "blood drawing chair" and I was convinced that they had tricked me, telling me they were just going to prick me and that they were actually going to draw my blood so I was all freaked out. And I was all "I know I look like I'm a nurse but I'm not and I'm freaked out by this." And she was all "It's ok." And now I wonder if I didn't even have to tell them I wasn't a nurse because it was probably pretty obvious due to the fact that I LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT.

Ok moving on. I got a free rotisserie (sp) chicken at whole foods today and I love they way whole foods smells. Yum.

I thought I was going to post some other stuff but now I can't remember. This is why I should write things down. Short term memory thing again.

Also, I am currently enjoying the word "also." Guess you'll just have to put up with it till my writing style changes again.

Also, my writing style will probably change a lot throughout this blog due to what I'm reading, how I'm feeling and possibly what I ate for breakfast. It is always still me. Unless it isn't. And then I'll let you know. You have been duely warned. I am also really bad at spelling so if I'm at work and not on firefox and don't have spell check... you might have to do some deciphering. See? I think that might be spelled wrong too...

Ok on to business:

I have an ANNOUNCEMENT: Trey is going to be in 20/20 this year.

You may or may not know what this means so I will explain. Trey and I met in an internship at our church called 24/7. 24/7 is a three leadership academy for students 18-25 who are interested in going into ministry. You can do one, two or three years. I did two, Trey did one. Then we got married so we could no longer be in the program since you can't be married. However, Trey and I have been talking about our futures and have decided that we are still interested in, at least someday, going into ministry. Enter 20/20. 20/20 is a new program introduced last year that is a part time ministry training school for adults. It teaches a lot of the same things as 24/7 but it is not as involved and people who are married or over 25 can be in it.

This may not sound like a big deal depending on what you know of us. Or it may sound like a bigger deal than it really is. I don't know. I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on with us.

Trey is looking at a possible career change in his near future so this is one of the steps we are taking to find that path for him. We don't know where it will take us although we are doing it for a specific reason and we have a specific end result in mind. Well see. SOOOO...please keep us in mind and pray for us if you think about it that our steps will be guided and we'll make good decisions.

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl...this was an interesting blog - hope everything is okay with the doc - Trey is doing 20/20 - I would like to hear more about that :0 sounds perfect for him!
    Talk to yall soon - love ya!

    ReplyDelete