Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rut

I haven't felt like blogging lately. I'm not exactally sure why. I just have not had the "word" so I haven't written it.

I've been getting more good deals lately. I won't post them right now because, well, I don't feel like it. Maybe I'll post them later. It's my blog and I'll post what I want to. Lalalala.

Trey and I have been running this week and it has been awesome. I see a big improvement in my motivation when I know it's not just going to be me. So that's pretty sweet. (said with Kip inflection. It is way more fun if you say "pretty sweet" like Kip. Just sayin')

Whats been on my mind all day is the changes that we are wanting to make in our lives. You may remember the post where I talked about my breakdown? Well that got me realizing that I was in a rut and the only way I was going to get out was if I got up and did something. Hence the running, hence...other things.

I'm not really ready to talk about what were considering right now. I've noticed a pattern of me saying that I am going to do something and then, for some reason (usually my laziness) that thing I'm going to do never happens and I feel like a liar. So no more of that. For example, I'm gonna say that Trey and I have started running but I'm not going to say we have committed to everyday or something like that. If it happens, it happens. If not, well, I'm out of shape but at least I'm not a liar.

So we're moving out of the rut. We are packing our things and saying goodbye to the old "Rut, Sweet Rut" and moving on. The steps we're taking are relatively small (for now) but if everything goes as planned they will lead to some pretty big changes.

In other not so evasive and slightly less exciting news: we've been looking for new furniture! We really need a love seat but we got sucked into looking at whole new living room sets and we got all excited and we dreamed...and then we decided that, for now, a love seat will probably be fine and maybe well get a TV. Well see. Love seat anyway.

We've also been spending some time in Atlanta visiting Trey's family. We are headed back that way tomorrow and I can't wait. It is a nice little vacation for us and we love seeing the fam. I feel so at home there.

So that's my little wrap up for ya. It has been a long and boring week (lots of internet surfing. You come to find that the internet is actually not all that fun. Sigh.) On to tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment