Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday

It's Friday it's FRIday it's FFRRIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAYYY!

My heart is singing that IT'S FRIDAY! Of course, it is also the afternoon and the afternoon always rains on my parade. Why is it that mornings are always faster than afternoons? I try everything to make them go by faster. Even if I take my lunch an hour later, those last three hours are always longer that the first five. WHY?!

It is 3:23 pm as I am writing this and I think that minutes are literally taking longer to go by. I'm pretty sure that 8:23 am went by at least several seconds faster than 3:23 pm is going by. At least.

Fridays are especially hard. It's like the weekend is hiding around the corner, silently laughing at me stuck here in Friday afternoon. Do I even have to say that I live for the weekends? Because I will. And I do.

I think it would be different if I had an exciting job. A job that I just loved. Like maybe, if I was a writer, there would be no such thing as weekends. Only deadlines. And (I hear) deadlines come fast, so I would never be sighing and looking out the window waiting for them. I think I would rather be scrambling for deadlines than sighing for weekends.

And of course I don't have to say that weekends go by WAY too fast. I'm pretty sure we're living in a backwards world, and REALLY we should be having five day weekends and two day work-weeks. Or at least, fun times should go by slowly and boring times should slip through our fingers.

Like I said, if I had an exciting job, I just don't feel like I would have this problem. As the afternoon aproaches and there is nothing for me to do, the pull of the internet and daydreams grows stronger with each sluggishly passing moment. I say "Thank God it's Friday," but really, Friday is, like, the longest day ever. Sometimes I feel like Friday afternoon is the same length as the rest of my week put together. Then again, that's only the length my week seems when I'm looking back on it and not when I'm actually ticking away the minutes in it. Those are two vastly different amounts.

Maybe I should make deadlines for myself so that everything seems to go by super fast as they approach. I can run around panicking that I don't have enough time to *insert fabulous thing* and that *other fabulous thing* came up SOO fast! "Where has the time gone?!" I'll cry, "So much to do, so little time!" I'll quip.

Sigh...hello Friday afternoon. I knew you'd come. Enjoy torturing me now, because once the weekend hits? Well, Time and I will be flying by so fast you wont even be able to catch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment