Thursday, August 6, 2009

LOTS of Chex Mix

Ok a note about the deal I made yesterday and posted about on Twitter:




(Just a reminder that's: 6 bags of Chex Mix, 2 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats, 2 Wishbone salad dressings and 2 bags of Kraft shredded cheese. I know, not the best picture)

Chex Mix: I had several .50 off coupons for the Chex Mix and Chex Mix was on sale at Publix for 1.66. Don't forget that Publix doubles coupons that are .50 or less (check with your Publix FIRST!) making each bag $1 off so they were .66 a piece.



Cereal: I had 2 $2 off coupons for the Honey Bunches of oats and they were on sale for buy one get one (normally 3.99) making they $2 a peice so i got those for FREE!!!


Dressing: The wishbone dressings were BOGO and are normally 2.99 a peice. I had .75 off coupons for each of those making them .73 each (remember you can use a coupon for EACH item in a BOGO sale and you don't have to buy to items to get the half off price at Publix). NOTE: I would have liked to wait and see if I could eventually get these for free sometime but this was a good deal and I needed some dressing since I have been eating salad for lunch EVERY day. It does seem to be making a difference though...


Cheese: The cheese was on sale for 1.66 each and i had .50 off coupons (I just checked and these are done:( sorry) for those (again they doubled) so they were also .66 a peice.


I know it sounds like I spent more than I did but I had also bought some muffin mix that I thought was BOGO (4 boxes) and had used .50 off coupons on those (doubling to a dollar a peice making them a total of $4 off and .29 each since their origional price was 2.59). Well I got the wrong boxes so they were NOT BOGO and they rang up at full price of 3.49 a peice so my bill was18.33 and that was WAY more then I had planned on spending so I took the muffin mix back and ended up getting 14.34 back making my total 3.99. I figured out later that it probably should have been more than that because the coupons from the muffin mix were still on there but o well. It makes up for last time when they charged me too much and I didn't go back. See, things really do even out in the end!


I can't wait for this weekend and new coupons in the paper and new deals!! It's becoming a bit of an obsession but isn't saving money a good obsession?! I think so.


Thanks to southernsavers.com for all the tips!!


On another note...I have been getting better at the working out thing. I decided that this month I was going to workout 4 times every seven days. So four times by August 7th, four times by August 14 ect. Course I get to yesterday and have only worked out once (on the 1st, Kempo X, ah yes) and I had three days to get three more workouts in. So I got my butt up the past two days and went for a run. It has been super nice (super HUMID! but nice still). I feel great and I feel like I am getting a little of my strength back. I definitely went faster today than I did yesterday. SO...gotta keep doing that.

Alrighty..see ya later blog world! Time to get to work!

P.S. Twitter is down and I'm going crazy. I didn't think I was this into it...uh-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment