Monday, August 31, 2009

Theif

I have to admit...I'm not really in the writing mood today. I'm more in the "thinking about writing mood." I've been super pensive today and yesterday. Just mulling around a bunch of stuff in my head. Stuff like the future and money and my book that I have yet to even have started. And babies of course, always babies. BUT, I wanted to share this because it was one of the few things that got me fired up enough to break out of my reverie for a few minutes.

Yesterday morning I worked in the cafe at our church. I really enjoy it because it gives me a break from the job I don't really love and, well, its fun. So yesterday as I'm ringing people up at the cash register this kid STEALS MONEY FROM OUR TIP JAR! What?! I wasn't so much mad that he stole the money (hey if he needs it that bad...) I was mostly mad that he did it right in front of my face while he was looking me in the eye. Like, apparently he thought I was so stupid that I wouldn't notice. It was like a "whacha gonna do?" kind of thing. And it ticked me off. I saw the girl he was with (sister?) look at him when he did it like she couldn't believe it. I thought maybe she would say something but she didn't. He paid me with a credit card ($1 for a drink, Hello we didn't break ya kid) and then looked me in the eye as he stuck his hand in the jar and took money out.

Now let me explain why I didn't say anything: our tip jar was in front of the computer that I was on so I didn't actually see him stick his hand in the jar but I saw him jerk towards the jar so I was pretty convinced he did it and I saw the look. I just didn't want to call him out in case I had thought wrong for some reason. But when he walked away? I saw a money crunched up in his hands. Hello? If you had a dollar why didn't you pay for your drink with it? Theif.

SO this post is to say: theif-boy? If, on the off chance, you ever read this? Well, I know you did it. I saw you and I am not stupid and you were in CHURCH! That's not nice Mr. Theif. If you get your jollies stealing dollars from a cafe in a church then that's kinda sick. Get a life.

I hope your enjoyed your drink but I also (kind of) hope that you tasted the bitter tast of remorse with it as well.

Or that you put it in the offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment